Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Those are granny panties!

*I attended an outdoor wedding in June and noticed I was the fattest woman there.

*I went shopping for a bathing suit a week later and ended up buying a one piece - with a skirt. Tears were involved.

*I actually wore said bathing suit for the first time at the water park last week.

*Again, I noticed that I was the fattest woman there. Tears were involved.

This Diva is sick and tired of the tears and being the fattest woman in the crowd. But the straw that broke this Diva's back?

Just a few days ago my youngest kid was watching me fold laundry. I held up a new pair of undies I had bought the day before. My first thought was, 'Wow, these look huge.' I hadn't really noticed how big they were before because they were in a pack of six and I just threw them in the washer right out of the pack. 

The kid? She says out loud, 'Those are granny panties.' You're telling me kiddo! We both laughed.

I wasn't sure what to do with these gigantic things. I had been wearing those spandexy panties that have the 'extra firm' tummy support and wanted to go back to comfy cotton goodness. The 'extra firm'  panties were getting really tight, so I decided to go up two sizes instead of one. Big mistake. Or not.

I got the bright idea to try them on just to confirm that they were way too big. They weren't. Fit like a freaking glove. More tears.

So, I'm sitting here right now in my comfy cotton  size 9 granny panties. Not for long though. I hereby declare that I'll never buy or fit into another pack of granny panties again!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment